Design YOUR BEST YEAR EVER!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to Deal with Failure?


Most people dread failure, are you one of those persons? How do you feel when you fail? Terrible, isn't it? I use to dread failure, now I know how to deal with failure to propel me towards success. I'll like to share with you the insights to overcome failure.

Life is about perception and perception is reality. If you can change your perception on something, you can arrive at a totally different destination. For example, if you change your perception on how you use your money. Let's take the perception of the poor, the poor spend their money and invest what's left which is usually zero. While the rich, invest their money and spend what's left. The question is, "What's your perception of failure?" Is it positive or negative?

My perception about 5 years ago about failure was all negative because I used my failures to beat up on myself instead of deriving from it the valuable lesson failure had to offer. As Denis Waitley says, "Failure is an event, not a person." Anytime you failed, look to receive the wisdom failure bestows. Once, you have your perception changed, it's now time to learn a technique to build on your positive perception of failure.

Three questions that will give you the wisdom that failure bestows:

1) What did I do right in that situation?
2) What will I do differently next time when I am in a similar situation?
3) Did I learn my lesson?

Once, you answered those 3 questions, you are ready to turn failure into success. Remember, the faster you fail, the more and quicker you learn. The more and quicker you learn, the better your position for success. Failure and success are intertwined, you can't have one without the other.

Here's to Failure and Success,
Mikhail Baynes

No comments:

Sociofluid