Design YOUR BEST YEAR EVER!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Are You Clear? Crystal!

"Are we clear? Yes, Sir. Are we clear? Crystal!", the classic line from the movie, A Few Good Men. Thus, I ask you, "Are You Clear?" Are you clear on your goals? Are you clear on your reasons? Are you clear on your plans? Because clarity brings success. When we are clear on your objectives, it allows us to focus on the results we are seeking and focus always precedes success.

My friend and category-creating Chief Marketing Officer, John Digles, is one of the best marketers around. This November, he won 4 major awards for his category-creating marketing strategies. One thing I can tell you about John by being mentored by him is that, he always deal with the specifics. Who are we looking to reach with our message? What's the story we want to convey? What's our objective? What are the strategies and tactics to achieve our objective?

I remember during my Faces of Caribbean Airlines campaign in August, we had a series of great days at the polls and then, it dropped one day. I mentioned this to John, and I will never forget his response. He said, "Mikhail, what's our target for today?" I thought he would show me some sympathy. However, that's how champions think and execute, they focus on their objectives and get clear on their reasons.

When you have vague goals with vague reasons, you get vague results. When you have vivid goals and you are crystal clear on your reasons, you receive remarkable results. We are approaching the end of 2009, with the beginning of 2010. Now is an excellence time to get clear on your goals and reasons for 2010, because success leaves clues and that's what the champions are doing at this time of the year.

I hope when I ask you in the near future, "Are You Clear?" Your response will be, "Crystal!"

Here's to Clarity,
Mikhail Baynes

No comments:

Sociofluid